Creating products is one of the most important parts of setting up your store. This guide will walk you through creating a product within the EasyStore control panel. If you're interested in creating a product through an imported spreadsheet, see Adding products in bulk.
1. Go to Products > Add product
2. Give your product a name and add the description for your product.
Bonus: You may utilize the tools provided inside the “Description box”.
- Add emoticons
- Insert table
- Insert image(s)
- Insert file(s)
- Insert video(s)
- Insert link(s)
3. Upload image(s) - You can drag the image file straight from your computer, upload from the device, upload from a URL, or add a Youtube video.
Note: You can add both image & video.
4. Add Collections (to better organize products into categories)
Note: Products can be in more than one collection
5. Tick Track inventory (Optional). Add in the quantity of this particular product.
6. (Optional) Select Enable variants if your product have different variations ex: size, color, etc. If not, you may proceed to the next step.
7. (Optional) Select Taxable product.
Read: Setting up taxes
8. Fill in the price and other fields if necessary. (You can skip this step if you already set up variants)
- Compare at price - this will show a discounted price and a sale label will be displayed. Note: This amount must be higher than the actual selling price.
9. Insert Meta description & edit your product URL and handle
What is Meta description?
A meta description is an HTML and XHTML element that describes your page to search engines. While the perceived (and real) importance of meta data has depreciated, the attribute still plays a significant role in SEO rankings.
(Source: Word Stream)
10. Click on Save product
- Save product without publishing to website
- Adding products in bulk
- Adding products with variants
- Managing product collections
Full Tutorial GIF: