Nowadays, almost everyone has at least one personal Facebook account. By setting up Facebook login function in your store, your customers will be able to register or log in to your store with just one single click. This means they are approaching the next step - placing order quicker.
In this article:
- Set up Facebook Login app
- Customize authorization page ( optional )
1. Set up Facebook Login app
1.1 Go to EasyStore Admin > Apps > search for Facebook Login and install.
1.2 Skip the 'Authorization page' and 'Customize authorization page', we will come back to them later on in step 2.
1.3 Scroll down to 'Settings' and choose your preferred display settings > Save.
- Tips - if you wish the Facebook login button appear on top bar, make sure to select 'Top bar and login page'.
2. Customize authorization page ( optional )
2.1 This step is needed only if you wish to customize the 'Authorization page'.
2.2 To customize, you need to create a Facebook app ID and set up Facebook Login app at Facebook for Developers.
2.3 Go to Facebook for Developers and log in with your personal Facebook account.
2.4 Go to My Apps > Add New App.
2.5 Insert 'Display Name' > 'Contact Email' will be auto-filled with your Facebook login email > Create App ID > complete the security check.
2.6 Select 'Facebook Login'.
2.7 Select 'Web' at the pop up.
2.8 Go back to EasyStore Facebook Login app > Customize authorization page > Step 2 to copy 'Your Site URL'.
2.9 Go back to Facebook for Developer > paste it under 'Site URL' > Save > Continue ( 'Continue' button would become clickable after 'Save' button is clicked ).
2.10 Keep on clicking 'Next' for all the upcoming tabs ( you need to click 3 times ).
2.11 Go to Facebook Login > Settings > make sure the followings are switched on.
- Client OAuth Login
- Web OAuth Login
- Use Strict Mode for Redirect URIs
2.12 Go back to EasyStore Facebook Login app > Customize authorization page > Step 3 to copy the URL.
2.13 Go back to Facebook for Developer > Facebook Login > Settings and whitelist the URL under 'Valid OAuth Redirect URIs' > Save changes.
2.14 Go to Settings > Basic and fill in as follows > Save changes.
- Display Name: the name that displays on authorization page
- Namespace: small letter for the Display Name input (suggestion)
- App Domain: apps.easystore.co
- Contact Email: your primary email address
- Terms of Service URL: insert your online store Terms of Service URL
- App Icon: upload your business logo, only 1024 x 1024 dimension is accepted
2.15 Scroll down to the bottom under 'Website' > make sure the 'Site URL' are the same as in Step 2.8.
2.16 Go to App Review > turn on 'Your app is currently live and available to the public'.
2.17 Go to Settings > Basic and obtain your App ID and App Secret.
2.18 Go back to your EasyStore Facebook Login app > Customize authorization page > Step 5 to paste the App ID and App Secret > Save.