If your domain is purchased through Exabytes, GoDaddy or Namecheap, you may refer to articles below for a more specific guide:
- Point your domain from Exabytes to EasyStore
- Point your domain from GoDaddy to EasyStore
- Point your domain from Namecheap to EasyStore
In this article:
- What is point domain?
- How to point domain?
- Verify and secure your domain
1. What is point domain?
Point domain means you point your existing custom domain which purchased through other 3rd party domain provider to your store so that the domain will show your store when visitors visit this domain.
2. How to point domain?
2.1 Log in to your domain panel > enter the page where you can manage your DNS setting.
- If you don't know where to log in, please contact your domain provider or you may request them to change the A record and set up CNAME for you.
2.2 Follow the setting below to point your domain A record to EasyStore IP address 18.104.22.168 and set up CNAME. TTL means how long the server should cache the information ( usually left as default ).
- Changing DNS could take up to 24 hours to take effect.
2.3 Go to EasyStore Admin > Settings > Domains > under Active domains > Add existing domain.
2.4 Insert your domain name > Confirm.
3. Verify and secure your domain
3.1 Once done, your domain settings will look like below. Kindly allow up to 24 hours for the domain to be verified and goes online.
3.2 Once the domain is verified and online, your domain status will become Unsecured. Click on the Unsecured > Activate free SSL to secure your website. More about SSL certificate