In this article:
- About shipping method
- Create zone
- Set up shipping method for each zone
- Integrated shipping apps ( auto calculate shipping rates )
1. About shipping method
Shipping method refers to how you ship / deliver your products to your customers and how much you will be charging. Different method can be different in terms of:
- Courier service provider ( Pos Laju, Skynet, FedEx, etc. )
- Calculation method ( by weight, by item quantity, etc. )
- Rate ( RM7 per kg, RM5 per item, etc. )
2. Create zone
2.1 Before creating shipping methods, you need to create your shipping areas which we call zones. You can separate your zones by countries / states / zip codes, as you prefer.
2.2 Go to EasyStore Admin > Settings > Shippings > Add shipping zone
2.3 Name this zone and select the country this zone belongs to.
2.4 Once country is selected, you will be prompted to further select sub-regions ( by zip codes or states ).
- Tips: one zip code / state can only be used in one zone
Type in zip code - define your zone by manually inserting zip codes
Select from list - define your zone by selecting from the list of states
3. Set up shipping method for each zone
3.1 Next, add a shipping method for this zone.
- Tips: one zone can have multiple shipping methods, you can add another after complete one method
3.2 Fill in the settings for this shipping method. You may refer to links below for the setting guide for each shipping method.
3.3 Save and done. You may now proceed to create the next zone ( if applicable ).
4. Integrated shipping apps ( auto calculate shipping rates )
Except self-determined shipping methods as above, you also can easily connect 3rd party courier service in your store through shipping apps integration.
Benefits of using shipping apps:
- Auto calculate shipping rates at checkout to collect from customers
- Allow you to fulfill orders and book for delivery service directly from your EasyStore orders
- Support printing airway bill ( no need hand writing )
- Support bulk fulfillment and bulk printing airway bill
Currently integrated courier services: