In this article:
- Manual recover abandoned checkout
- Enable auto-recovery ( available in Standard or Business plan )
There are many reasons customers can abandon their carts. Read here to learn what you can do in EasyStore to reduce your cart abandon rate from as high as 69%! In addition, you can also send follow up emails to encourage customers to complete their orders. And this is what this article is going to show you.
2. Manual recover abandoned checkout
2.1 Go to EasyStore Admin > Orders > Abandoned checkouts, there you can see a list of checkouts abandoned by your customers before placing orders > click on the checkout number to enter.
2.2 You have two methods to recover the abandoned checkout.
- Method 1: Recovery link - This option provides a quick recovery link. Simply copy this link and provide it to your customer through messaging app like WhatsApp, Messenger, SMS, etc. This link will bring customers back to their cart page to complete the checkout process = placing order.
- Method 2: Recovery email - This option provides a ready-to-send recovery email ( you can edit this template in Admin > Settings > Templates > Abandoned Order Email ). Click on Send reminder > edit the Recipient email, Subject and Content ( optional ) > click the next Send Reminder to send the email.
- the Checkout now button in the email will bring customers back to their cart page to complete the checkout process = placing order
- while View our store link will bring customers back to your store home page and they might wish to add more products into cart :D
3. Enable auto-recovery
3.1 You may also enable Automated cart recovery to let system auto send the recovery email to customers 24 hours after they initiate the checkout process but did not complete.
3.2 Go to EasyStore Admin > Settings > Checkout > scroll to the bottom below Automated cart recovery > select Enabled > Save.
- 💡 Tips: Include a discount voucher code in the email to encourage your customers to complete order. Refer to this link to create a voucher code.