We have discovered that some of our users received an email regarding the Search Console Issue - New Inde coverage issue ( refer image below for sample)
Web Robots (also known as Web Wanderers, Crawlers, or Spiders), are programs that traverse the Web automatically. Search engines such as Google use them to index the web content, spammers use them to scan for email addresses and other functions.
EasyStore uses the robots.txt file to provide instruction to Web Robots for not visiting several of these pages below. Therefore, these pages might not shown in Google, Yahoo, Bing or other search engine.
- Cart pages (When customer view what is in the cart)
- Checkout pages ( When customer fills in related information)
- Payments pages (When customer make payment page)
- Account pages (When visitor creates account, login pages)
- Any app pages such as Contact us, Help center ( Apps installed that will create a page)
The reasons blocking these pages are due to the unrelated contents which not supposed to display in Google Search result (for example: contents which not related with sales and marketing). Besides, we blocked these pages to avoid causing security issues such as leading spam email(for instance: robot creates fake customer account), spam abandoned checkout and order, etc.
Shall you have any question regarding this issue, kindly contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org :)