SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) is a standard security technology for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client. SSL allows sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, and login credentials to be transmitted securely. Therefore, it provides privacy, critical security and data integrity for both your websites and your users' personal information.
The powerful indicator that your customers can trust you is the padlock icon that appears when your online store is fully encrypted, and they look for it whether they’re on your checkout or not.
Additionally, encrypting your website is good for SEO and could lead to a boost in your search position.
FAQ regarding SSL:
1. Is it necessary to activate the complimentary SSL?
No, it's a complimentary for the EasyStore subscriber. However, there's no force to activate it.
2. Can I use my own purchased SSL?
Yes, sure. If you have purchased your own SSL from a third party, you will need to add the custom SSL yourself.
Activate SSL certificate
When you've connected your domain with your EasyStore, you may activate the SSL certificate.
- If the domain is no longer connected with EasyStore, the SSL certificate will be disabled.
- To ensure your online store's content stays secure, make sure you host all of your online store's content (images, video, link) on a server that publishes over HTTPS.
1. EasyStore Control Panel > Settings > Domains
2. Click Manage
Make sure that your domain status is verified.
3. Scroll to SSL certificate encryption > Click Activate
- If you have sub-domain (eg store.yourdomain.com), you need to activate the main domain & sub- domain.
- Kindly make sure you have read and agreed to the Let's Encrypt Subscriber Agreement.
4. Your domain is now SSL protected.
- If you're using Google Webmaster Tools, make sure to re-add the property (guide to add Google Webmaster Tools)
- If you’re enabling payment gateway as your payment method, make sure you change your Return & Call Back URL from HTTP > HTTPS.